Request: 15 OMG for the OMG Network Logo Contest

bounty

Hello everyone :wave:

I have written with the help of @pwolf88 the following google doc at [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QGHiOrFFtWqW5eB4oLqxkTpSPn2_ZOjCoYvArtNPj8Y/edit?usp=sharing] in order to pave the way to the new logo for the OMG network (and not the ONC as stated before).

Requesting 15 OMG for this task :pray:

Edit : Change ONC to OMG Network

1 Like

I’d made a thread here in the forum from this doc. It is unlisted (pending the opening of a logo contest) but can be accessed here. All the content on that thread was put together by @Crypto_Analysis and @pwolf88.

1 Like

Thank you @Crypto_Analysisand @pwolf88! Some thoughts, though: since ONC is shaping up around exploring a number of ideas related to OMG Network, and not just building OMG itself, we might want to think about differentiating between ONC as a community and OMG Network as a platform. Both might need logos! But I think the doc needs a little bit of rescoping if the goal is a logo for ONC vs OMG Network.

1 Like

Thanks @AA. I completely agree with you. It’s a mistake from my part ; this document is only for the OMG network’s logo as stated in the title and not for the ONC :sweat_smile:

I edited my 1st post to avoid more misunderstanding.

I’ll endorse :ballot_box:. I think it would be a useful leadership opportunity for the ONC community to propose a new logo for the OMG Network. Is it your idea that ONC would conduct a logo contest and use this document to guide deliverables from community? @pwolf88, I appreciate your help drafting this, as well.

Otherwise, agree with @AA: I do think we might need a new logo for ONC, but so far we are mostly working with the following asset (which we will keep until someone gets bothered enough to make a new one or proposal :wink: ):

@Crypto_Analysis @pwolf88 I’m wondering (not arguing against, just genuinely curious about your thinking) what the goal is in creating a logo for OMG Network.This could have pretty limited utility in that it may or may not be put into use by the team that is primarily responsible for both the information flow, and hosting the network itself.

To me it kind of sounds like more fun to think about a logo for ONC, which we’d be free to plaster all over anything we make together :smiley:

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t remember everything because we wrote it few months ago. @nebali and @pwolf88, feel free to chime in.

I think it would be a useful leadership opportunity for the ONC community to propose a new logo for the OMG Network. Is it your idea that ONC would conduct a logo contest and use this document to guide deliverables from community?

Yes, It was our idea with @nebali and @pwolf88. We were also thinking about using 99designs (https://99designs.fr/) to collect designs from outside our community. If I remember correctly, OmiseGO agreed to help funding the project.

I’m wondering (not arguing against, just genuinely curious about your thinking) what the goal is in creating a logo for OMG Network.

We started from the observation that the network has a logo which was not democratically elected by community members. A network which emphasize an open governance should show its core values in all its aspects ; the logo being one of its strongest asset.

It is also a powerfull signal to the community. OmiseGO giving back power to the community is a fair and natural path for a public network.

Moreover, it is a fantastic way to promote the ONC. Engaging the community in a contest will make them more proactive in the future.

Of course, it can’t be done without the full support of OmiseGO. Luckily, I would say their interests are aligned with ours. The creation of a strong fundation (ONC) should be part of their business model because it will help them to make the network grow and improve their stacking reward.

To me it kind of sounds like more fun to think about a logo for ONC, which we’d be free to plaster all over anything we make together :smiley:

As you said, we also need a logo and I will be happy to contribute for it :smiley:

1 Like

I think we might be pleasantly surprised how much we can get done just on our own, though partnering with OmiseGO to issue a new logo that is sourced from, or selected by, ‘community’ would be powerful, desirable.

We just shouldn’t wait for support or permission if we are truly independent.

ONC is an effort to locate and give a voice to this community beyond OmiseGO.

So, with re: to this proposal :full_moon_with_face::

• perhaps quick rewrite on ‘requirements’ google doc. to make more apparent that this an initiative by ^ ONC ^ to crowdsource a new logo for OMG Network?

That might make it easier to say ‘hey, we’re doing this thing, and it’s really going to happen because we’re in charge and taking responsibility for outcomes’ :muscle:

What we think @nebali // @pwolf88 :thinking:

I think doc is good represenative work product for ONC, and can give outline to solid community initiative (need moooooar energy :zap:) . Still ofc down to devote cooperative resources for this initiative :heavy_check_mark:

Ultimately I think we’re talking about separate two things here: ONC needs a logo to represent it as a self-organized community; and meanwhile ONC members are interested in putting forth a new logo for OMG Network which would be created and chosen by ONC/OMG community. This doc would reflect the latter project, and we’d want to put together another one to accompany an ONC branding rfp.

Agreed @AA . We should establish a separate brand - I’ll take a stab at ONC branding rfp in next few days :heavy_check_mark:.

So, I say we issue reward to get our ‘stake’ in this exciting project, and coordinate with @Crypto_Analysis & @pwolf88 on a new logo for OMG Network. Among other things, I think this would be a great opportunity to begin outreach to the broader OMG community and let them know what ONC is about.

Edit: Created vote: @nebali / @AA: https://mainnet.aragon.org/#/oncommunity.aragonid.eth/0xae974ac35f728a51a8b685dda53c675116b2a76b

57%20PM

@Crypto_Analysis your requested OMG award (15) has been enacted by ONC Coop. DAO :heavy_check_mark::

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! :grin: